Posted by Mr. Ronald D. W. on Sep 12th, 2011 1:15pm
The 2010–11 fiscal year, including Build Business 2011, is now behind us for SMPS. The leadership transition has occurred smoothly and flawlessly as always. A new fiscal year with new leadership provides an exciting opportunity to try new ideas and innovations. It is also at this time that I hear from a lot of you; What do I need to do that will take me to the top of my profession? I sincerely wish I had the answers that would make it immediately easy, clear and obtainable. But…that is not the case. I will share with you 10 key points that have guided me over the years that I hope will be of some support to each of you on your own journey:
1. Hard, steady work. Without it, little else matters.
2. Optimism. Leaders take the affirmative view, even when the going is tough.
3. Enthusiasm. It fuels creative, innovative action. It generates both the desire and the energy to get the job done.
4. Individualism. Every successful marketer, business developer and leader I’ve ever know is also a highly distinctive individual.
5. Imagination. Leaders have the capacity to visualize the results they want and the steps required to reach those results.
6. The ability to get along with people. A firm, fair and friendly approach makes an encouraging and inspiring coach, mentor and friend.
7. The ability to listen. You are able to ask clear, concise questions and can then sit back and listen with great concentration.
8. Trust. You are blessed with a high MTRC Factor (as initially described by Whitt Schultz): Mutual Trust, Respect and Confidence in your peers.
9. Flexibility. Strong and resilient. You are open and adaptable to changing situations and changing market and office conditions.
10. Judgment. You can balance the facts and come up with rational and ethical decisions.
“Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.”
Link to this Post